This was given to me in response to a request. Miller himself sent it to me. Thanks, Miller! Here it is: "I don't know if this truly qualifies as a "traditional" Scottish recipe, but they've been serving it for dessert in school cafeterias in south central Scotland since the 1950s (aye, that's when I first ate it) and probably longer."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slightly butter the inside of a 2-pint (1-litre or U. S. 1½-quart) pudding dish or baking dish and place the jam/preserve or fruit in the foot.
- 2Mix the flour and sugar in a thick saucepan over heat and gradually add the milk, stirring well.
- 3Cut the butter into small pieces, add to the mixture and stir until it boils and becomes thick.
- 4Allow to cool slightly, add the lemon or vanilla and the well-beaten eggs.
- 5Beat until smooth and then pour evenly over the jam/preserve or fruit.
- 6Brown in a pre-heated moderate oven at 350°F (180°C), for about 20 minutes.
- 7Serve hot.
- 8A dollop of clotted cream on top makes it really special.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miller's School Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 119.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: