Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
As I read the list of ingredients, I must say I was intrigued by the additon of cream cheese to the taco filling. Decided I needed to try this. I found this very easy to prepare. The cream cheese adds a wonderful richness. I did use store-bought taco seasoning mix because I already had that. Next time I will try this with your taco seasoning mix. Anyway, loved it. Thanks for an incredible recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 6 fluid ounces water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Miller's taco seasoning mix (Recipezaar recipe ID # 22831)
- 1 cup canned diced green chili
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup taco sauce (as mild or spicy as you like)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 taco shells, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the beef and then drain.
- Stir in water and seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese, chiles, red pepper, taco sauce and cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Fill the taco shells with beef mixture.
- Top them with your favourite taco toppings- shredded cheese (try crumbled feta cheese for a nice twist) lettuce, tomato, green onions, etc.