Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- In a skillet, brown the beef and then drain.
- Stir in water and seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese, chiles, red pepper, taco sauce and cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Fill the taco shells with beef mixture.
- Top them with your favourite taco toppings- shredded cheese (try crumbled feta cheese for a nice twist) lettuce, tomato, green onions, etc.
As I read the list of ingredients, I must say I was intrigued by the additon of cream cheese to the taco filling. Decided I needed to try this. I found this very easy to prepare. The cream cheese adds a wonderful richness. I did use store-bought taco seasoning mix because I already had that. Next time I will try this with your taco seasoning mix. Anyway, loved it. Thanks for an incredible recipe.
Very versatile, and comes together quickly. I used packaged taco seasoning (I also have a large container from Sam's), just 4 oz of canned green chiles, and I mixed in hot salsa instead of the taco sauce. I also added chopped onion browned with the beef. We topped ours with lettuce, cheese and sour cream; the meat mixure was spicy without being overpowering.
REALLY, REALLY GOOD!. Used our own taco seasoning, have a huge container (from SAMS). Used gordita shells, we would not change a thing, wonderful taste. Thanks Miller!