Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe I am putting on Zaar for future use! Originally from the Millennium cookbook.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon anise extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix in the aniseed and pine nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Form a ball of dough with about 2 tablespoons batter and place on the prepared sheet.
- Press with your hand to a thickness of 1/3 inch.
- Repeat, placing the cookies 3 inches apart. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or lightly brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.