Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From My Great Recipes. One of my favorites!
Make and share this Millennium Italian Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages mozzarella cheese, presliced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- dried oregano
- black pepper
- Cook shells as directed on package. Drain.
- Sauté ground beef. Mix cottage or ricotta cheese, butter, and tomato sauce until well blended.
- Stir in mushrooms and green pepper, blending well. Add oregano and pepper.
- Place layer of cooked shells in bottom of lightly buttered casserole. Cover with layer of cottage cheese mixture. Top with half of the pepperoni. Place 2 slices Mozzarella cheese on top. Crumble 1/3 ground beef evenly over cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with Mozzarella cheese on top, ringed with pepperoni slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
I have made this for years and it is always a hit. Everyone wants the recipe :)