Millennium Italian Casserole
- Cook shells as directed on package. Drain.
- Sauté ground beef. Mix cottage or ricotta cheese, butter, and tomato sauce until well blended.
- Stir in mushrooms and green pepper, blending well. Add oregano and pepper.
- Place layer of cooked shells in bottom of lightly buttered casserole. Cover with layer of cottage cheese mixture. Top with half of the pepperoni. Place 2 slices Mozzarella cheese on top. Crumble 1/3 ground beef evenly over cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with Mozzarella cheese on top, ringed with pepperoni slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.