Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This is a healthy and good tasting alternative to regular wheat bread. We got a bread machine and we are trying lots of recipes.Made for 1lb loaf bread machine.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon rice milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients in the order listed to the pan for your bread machine, making sure the yeast doesn't touch the liquid.
- Select wheat if possible.
- Select desired crust color.
- start bread machine and in a couple of hours you will have a wonderful loaf for the family to enjoy.
1 star because this recipe needs more water and ended up as a brick in the bottom of my breadmaker. Bonus star however because the brick did actually taste quite good. Just a shame that only the dog could eat most of it!
This was soooo good Thank you for a great recipe..