Recipe by Caryn
One of my grandmother's recipes.
Top Review by princess buttercup
I made this cake for my husbands Grandma's Birthday. He had no clue what her favorite cake is. But since I've been shopping with Grandma I knew she like Milky Way Candy bars! I frosted it with a store bought Fudge frosting. I will make this moist cake again!
- 6 Milky Way bars, traditional size
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt cake pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt candy bars and 1/2 cup butter over low heat (or in microwave); set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternating with buttermilk; beat until smooth.
- Add candy/butter mixture and vanilla extract; beating until smooth.
- Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan; cool completely.
- Glaze with a powdered sugar glaze.