Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my grandmother's recipes.
- 6 Milky Way bars, traditional size
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt cake pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt candy bars and 1/2 cup butter over low heat (or in microwave); set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternating with buttermilk; beat until smooth.
- Add candy/butter mixture and vanilla extract; beating until smooth.
- Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan; cool completely.
- Glaze with a powdered sugar glaze.
I made this cake for my husbands Grandma's Birthday. He had no clue what her favorite cake is. But since I've been shopping with Grandma I knew she like Milky Way Candy bars! I frosted it with a store bought Fudge frosting. I will make this moist cake again!
A great cake we all enjoy eating, especially kids love this cake! I faced a problem while melting the candy bars in butter(the butter must've been too hot peraps, so the candy bars turned hard as stone, then I had to sieve the whole thing), that was my mistake(over heated the butter), so just hope nobody makes the same mistake again. Anyways, I did dd 7oz. of chocolate chips(semisweet) to the batter at the end just before putting it in the baking tin. It took 1.5 hrs for this cake to be ready. I made a topping too. I took 14oz. of Van Houten cooking chocolate and melted it wth 1/2 cup whipping cream in the microwave for a few minutes. Then, I poked holes in the cake with a straw and poured the icing into the cake allowing it to go deep in, once this was done(ooh it looked awesome), I kept the cake in my refrigerator and served it 2 days later. What the result was - IT WAS PERFECT! One of the best I've ever ever eaten.
A lovely, moist and very rich cake. a small piece gos along way.I added in the pecans and I think its much needed other wise it would be overly sweet and rich. I melted the chocolate in the micro then added the butter melted it was lump free this way. Unfortunatly it took alittle more than an hour to bake in my oven. I iced the cake with a milky way garnach. It tasted even better the next day.