1/10 Photos of MILKY WAY Lover's Pound Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This cake takes a little bit of extra effort but it is worth it! If you like Milky Ways, you will like this :) It comes out looking and tasting like a "professional bakery" cake, but better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (1 3/4 ounce) Milky Way bars
- 1 cup butter, softened (divided use)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine candy bars and 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan; melt over low heat (or use microwave).
- 3Cream sugar with remaining butter.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Stir together flour and baking soda and add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture; beating until smooth.
- 6Add melted candy/butter and mix well.
- 7Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- 8Pour into greased and floured bundt or tube pan and bake for 75 to 80 minutes.
- 9Cool and frost with Candy Frosting, if desired, or any frosting you prefer.
- 10Decorate with bite sized Milky Ways if you want to get fancy!
- 11Candy Frosting: Melt candy bars with butter in saucepan or microwave.
- 12Add sugar and vanilla.
- 13Blend in just enough milk to make spreading constistency (start with just a tablespoon or so).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for MILKY WAY Lover's Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.1
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 283.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 63.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g