Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another twist on the good old "Rice Krispie Treats" but much easier and much yummier according to my family. I made these for camping last summer and they disappeared in no time around the campfire. These make terrific chocolatey, chewy, last minute, throw together bars for any occasion. Please note that cooking time is chilling time.
- 4 (2 1/16 ounce) each Milky Way bars
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large microwave bowl, melt candy bars and 1/2 cup butter, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Remove from microwave and stir in cereal until well blended.
- Press mixture into a buttered or sprayed 7x11 inch pan.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup butter, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and spread over the top of the bars.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut in squares to serve.
I have been looking for a rice crispy that was better than the traditional. Our favorite is peanut butter scotcharoos but my son was born with a peanut allergy and I don't like baking treats he can't have. These fit the bill, they were great! I did put them in a 8X8 pan and thought that was as big as you should probably go they were still very thin. Also I think you could cut the butter in half and still have a great bar. I will try that next time. Thanks for the great recipe.
These are a great change from the plain old rice crispy treat. Thanks!
WOW. How easy are these to make. these are the best crispies i have ever made!! Adults and kids love them. there delicously sweet and chewy! cant wait to make them again.