Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
You will not believe how heavenly this cake is. My youngest always requests this as her family dinner birthday cake.
- Grease and flour an angel food cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt candy bars with 1/2 c of butter.
- Cream sugar with remaining 1/2 c of butter until light.
- Add candy and blend well.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and add alternately with flour to candy mixture, ending with flour.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into candy mixture with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
Great cake! I didn't have a bundt pan so I made it in a 13x9 pan which altered the baking time quite a bit ( I think I baked for an additional 30 minutes at least. However, I am one of those cooks who doesn't pay much attention to time and just checks on things until they appear "done", so I can't be exact on the time). It is a really great blend of flavors, and I am a big fan of milky way bars so it really hit the spot. Thanks so much for a yummy recipe.
A great cake! I faced a problem while melting the candy bars in butter(the butter must've been too hot peraps, so the candy bars turned hard as stone, then I had to sieve the whole thing), that was my mistake(over heated the butter), so just hope nobody makes the same mistake again. Anyways, I did dd 7oz. of chocolate chips(semisweet) to the batter at the end just before putting it in the baking tin. It took 1.5 hrs for this cake to be ready. I made a topping too. I took 14oz. of Van Houten cooking chocolate and melted it wth 1/2 cup whipping cream in the microwave for a few minutes. Then, I poked holes in the cake with a straw and poured the icing into the cake allowing it to go deep in, once this was done(ooh it looked awesome), I kept the cake in my refrigerator and served it 2 days later. What the result was - IT WAS PERFECT! One of the best I've ever ever eaten. Thank you, Mirj!
This is Feb. Chocolate Month! Perfect time to make this cake--it's light, tender, & oh so full of flavor. It's far from overly sweet. Just a perfect combo of ingredients. I'll make this often.This will be great for those "pot lucks" where you want something no one else will bring.