Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
It's a combination recipe inspired by "Tres Leches" using Funfetti Cake Mix by Pillsbury. Tastes so good, it never lasts more than a day in my home! I only use half a box of Cake Mix each time, and cut the rest of the ingredients in half too, for my family of 4. 1 cake mix box makes 2 cakes.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix (with sprinkles in the mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 eggs (2 eggs for half a box)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Bake the cake mix by following the instructions on the box. If you use half a box, use 2 eggs. If you use 1 box, separate the batter into 2 cake pans. (Shallow cakes will absorb the milk better, later on.).
- Stir together the milk and condensed milk while the cake is baking, and refrigerate the mixture.
- When the cake is ready, take it out of the oven and poke holes all over it using a fork, or the dull end of a bamboo skewer.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture evenly all over the cake, and let the cake absorb the milk (mmmmmm.).
- Refrigerate the cake for at least a couple hours.
- Top with Cool Whip, and serve!
- P.S. Serving size is according to 1 cake mix box.
The flavor of this cake was quite yummy. My problem with it was that it was so soggy. I didn't even use all of the milk mixture. The bottom of the cake was just mush. It was a big deal since we ended up pairing it with ice cream anyway. Maybe I poked too many holes? I also baked the whole box in two round pans. Maybe I would have done better with half the box?
oooh yeah, can't wait to make this!