Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for my kids when they were young and we could not afford to go out for ice cream shakes. I found I could get all the ingredients for what it would cost to buy 6 milkshakes.
- Put ice cream and milk into blender.
- Blend on highest speed for a few seconds.
- Add vanilla, malted milk powder, and pudding mix.
- Blend again.
- You may also add fruit if you like.
- The pudding mix is what makes the shake thick so add as much as you need to make it as thick as you prefer, or not as much if you like less thick shakes.
- You may add more or less of any ingredients, to your preferred taste.
- Make it as you like it and ENJOY!
I made this because my middle daughter wanted a "real" milkshake. I did things a little different though...I didn't have the milk powder and I only had chocolate pudding so we had chocolate shakes. I didn't measure the pudding mix I just poured (hee, hee). And I added ice, it just didn't seem right not to add it. lol I will definately be keeping this recipe though! And I'm contemplating using pistachio pudding I've had sitting on the shelf for awhile... :o)
This would be considered a malt rather than a milkshake due to the added malted milk powder.
I really love the taste and texture of this recipe!! It's easy and delicious! What a great idea. I play around with the measurements....like more ice cream and a little less of the malt powder. I also like to add a little bit of ice because I like my milkshake a little thicker.