Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Peanut butter play dough sounded like a great idea...but why do all the recipes have powdered milk as an ingredient? I don't know about you, but to me powdered milk seems kind of expensive to use for this. So, I wondered - would flour work? Answer: yes. Ingredient amounts are approximate.
- In medium bowl, stir peanut butter and honey.
- Add flour gradually to desired consistency, switching to hand kneading as it thickens.
- NOTE: if you use a hydrogenated peanut butter like Peter Pan, Skippy, Jiff, etc, you may need to increase honey and decrease flour, as these peanut butters are thicker/stiffer than the Smart Balance.
- With clean hands on a clean surface, play with cookie cutters, sculpt, or embellish with edibles like raisins, pretzel rods, nuts, etc.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place (refrigeration not recommended) and it should keep for a few days.
Fast and easy! I had all of the ingredients on hand. Perfect sensory activity for my 1 year old
great playdough. Excellent consistnacy. Easy to make without any special ingredients on hand. And the taste? Delicious. Even my daughter who hates peanut butter gobbled it up! Thanks!