- 3 cups cake flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa (I use Hershey's)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add vinegar to water and mix into dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and vanilla, mix again.
- Grease a 9 x 13" pan (use the margarine wrapper to grease the pan),lightly flour pan Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes, test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake Cool and frost with your favourite frosting.