Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Light, sweet and easy
Make and share this Milkless, Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add vinegar to water and mix into dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and vanilla, mix again.
- Grease a 9 x 13" pan (use the margarine wrapper to grease the pan),lightly flour pan Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes, test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake Cool and frost with your favourite frosting.
This is really good - nice & moist & fudgey! The texture is a slightly bit rubbier than a regular cake but so worth the calories saved with no milk or eggs.
My husband's family has been making this cake for years. It is very moist and good! My kids request it for their birthday cakes every year too. I use just plain white vinegar instead of the apple cider vinegar and butter instead of margarine.