If you're not feeling 100% and would like something simple to eat, this may be just what the doctor ordered. My husband had this when he was growing up and didn't feel well...(I'd be tempted to use sugar instead of the salt, and raisins could be optional...)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter the toast and place in two soup bowls.
- 2Heat the milk with the raisins and salt.
- 3Simmer for a minute or two, till the raisins plump.
- 4Pour half the milk mixture over each serving.
- 5Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- 6GET WELL SOON!
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Toast
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 665.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g