Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Flavored tapioca pudding like you'd find in a Vietnamese fast food restaurant. To alter the consistency of the pudding, you can add or reduce the amount of tapioca.
- 1⁄2 cup sago (small pearl tapioca)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 lipton brisk tea bags
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Rinse tapioca, cover with water, and soak for 10 minutes.
- Boil 2 1/2 cups water and steep 4 tea bags.
- After 10 minutes, drain tapioca and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Just before the tapioca has finished resting, remove tea bags and pour tea, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 cup Half & Half into a pot and heat until boiling.
- Reduce to a simmer and add pearls.
- Stir tapioca to heat evenly and prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan. The pudding will be done when the pearls are almost all translucent, with the slightest bit of white in a handful of balls, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 cup of Half & Half.
- Chill until ready to serve.