1/3 Photos of Milk Tart
This is a recipe that was given me by a friend from South Africa. There is nothing complicated or sophisticated about it. Maybe that's why it tastes so good. Be sure to make this if you have kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2For crust: Cream butter and sugar.
- 3Add eggs, then flour, salt and baking powder.
- 4Using ½ of dough, press into pie plate.
- 5Repeat with other half of dough in other pie plate.
- 6Prick all over with fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- 7No further baking is required.
- 8For filling: Boil milk and butter, add remaining ingredients (thin flour and cornstarch out with milk first).
- 9Mix well.
- 10Whisk until custard thickens.
- 11Pour into baked shells and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Tart
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g