Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the pergect partner for the Strawberry Peach sauce. Also from about.com
- 1 cup cake flour, stir before measuring
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons milk, heated
- Sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Beat eggs until very thick and light, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients until blended.
- Combine milk and flavorings and heat until hot. A.
- dd the hot milk mixture to the batter and beat on low until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into a greased and lightly floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with no particles clinging.