Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I know this sounds very odd but this sweet soup really is good! My mother used to make this when I was a child. It's an excellent meal for children. You should be able to buy Oetker products in major grocery stores or in German delicatessens.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
A most interesting recipe, & of course now I have a small stash of Oetker pudding powder so we're able to enjoy this yet again! Thanks for sharing this unusual treat with us! [Recipenapped & made in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 23]
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet Oetker pudding powder (vanilla, almond, cream or lemon flavour)
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk or 4 1⁄2 cups homogenized milk
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the pudding powder and about 4 tbsp of the sugar with 6 tbsp of the milk.
- Bring the rest of the milk to a boil, remove from heat, stir in the pudding powder mixture and bring to a boil again, stirring constantly.
- Season and serve.
- You may sprinkle on additional sugar at this point if you like a sweeter taste.
- If the soup is to be served cold, use an extra 6 tbsp of milk to blend with the pudding powder and boil all of the 4 1/2 cups of milk.
- If a stronger vanilla flavour is preferred, 3 packets of vanilla flavoured Oetker Sauce Powder may be used in place of the 1 packet of Pudding or Blancmange Powder.
- For a stronger lemon flavour add a few drops of lemon flavoured Oetker Baking Essence.