Horchatas are whitish refreshing beverages usually made with rice, but can also be made from ground almonds and/or cantaloupe seeds.
- Soak the rice overnight in the water with the cinnamon strips.
- Next day discard cinnamon strips.
- Process in blender in 3 batches with evaporated milk and soaking water. Pass through sieve after each processing.
- Pour into a pitcher, add theskim milk, sweeten, add vanilla and mix well by stirring.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on each serving just before drinking.