Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Different from others on the site. This is from Food & Wine 2001 and the note above the recipe states that "In Guys and Dolls, Jean Simmons and Marlon Brando drank their milk punch by Havana moonlight. Off the silver screen, this drink is more commonly served at brunch or as a morning after pick me up. Feel free to vary the amount of sugar to taste, but do keep in mind that unlike daquiris or Mai Thais, milk punch should be relatively sweet." This has no nutmeg and uses rum.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white rum
- 2 tablespoons dark rum, Jamaican rum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 -3 drops pure vanilla extract
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add everything into the shaker and mix well.
- Strain into an old fashioned cocktail glass, or for an exotic effect, an empty coconut shell!