Delicious pie that is very popular in South Africa Cook time does not include time to bake your crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- 2Put milk into medium heavy-based saucepan, and whisk in egg and cornstarch mix.
- 3Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly; 10-17 minutes.
- 4DO NOT BOIL!
- 5Reduce heat to low if necessary to prevent burning!
- 6After finished cooking, remove from heat and whisk in extracts.
- 7Cool to lukewarm and pour into baked pie crust.
- 8Refrigerate pie until set-- approximately 3-4 hours.
- 9Before you serve the milk pie, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of it.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2225.5
- Calories from Fat 832
- Total Fat 92.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 296.9 mg
- Sodium 1931.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 304.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 195.9 g
- Protein 44.9 g