Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious pie that is very popular in South Africa Cook time does not include time to bake your crust.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Put milk into medium heavy-based saucepan, and whisk in egg and cornstarch mix.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly; 10-17 minutes.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Reduce heat to low if necessary to prevent burning!
- After finished cooking, remove from heat and whisk in extracts.
- Cool to lukewarm and pour into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate pie until set-- approximately 3-4 hours.
- Before you serve the milk pie, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of it.