4 hrs 20 mins
A wonderful cooler weather meal, pork chops and applesauce go so good together! Marinating the pork chops in milk make them very juicy and tender. To save time prepare the applesauce ahead of time and serve it at room temperature. Plan ahead the chops have to marinate in milk and salt for 1-4 hours.
My Private Note
pork ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick, with or without bone)
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between fingers to release flavors)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use table salt)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter (more as needed) or 1/4 cup margarine (more as needed)
- 1In a dish mix together milk and 2 teaspoons salt (make sure that the salt is dissolved).
- 2Add in pork chops.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours (turning once within the hour).
- 4To make the applesauce: (this can be done a day ahead) peel, core and chop the apples.
- 5Place into a saucepan and add in the remaining ingredients; bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally until apples are very soft and falling apart (this should take about 15-20 minutes, adjusting the sugar to taste).
- 7Mash the apples with a fork; set aside.
- 8For the pork chops: in a bowl mix together bread crumbs, garlic, rosemary, thyme and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or white salt and pepper.
- 9Lift the pork chops from the milk one at a time (shake off any excess milk).
- 10Dredge in the pork chops, lightly, patting down with hands to adhere the crumbs to the chops.
- 11Arrange onto a plate or tray.
- 12Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- 13Sauté the pork chops (without crowding in the pan) until golden brown, adding more butter to the pan if needed.
- 14Serve the pork chops with applesauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Marinated Pork Chops With Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (4689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.8
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 1116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: