1/3 Photos of Milk Gravy (Paula Deen)
Kim D.'s Note:
My grandmother used to make the BEST milk gravy! She would serve it over chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. Unfortunatley, I never got her original recipe. I came across this recipe in a "Cooking with Paula Deen" magazine and I think this is very close to what my grandmother used to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1~NOTE~ This recipe will have more flavor if you use 1-2 tablespoons of oil from the oil you fried chicken fried steak in, or maybe even bacon grease. If you don't have that, no need to worry, you can use vegetable oil or vegetable shortening.
- 2Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Whisk in flour, whisking constantly for about 1 minute.
- 4Slowly add milk, whisking constantly.
- 5Stir in pepper and salt and continue cooking.
- 6Whisk constantly for about 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Gravy (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (781 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 492.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g