Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Baby Let's Eat! Makes a nice light dinner.
- 44.37 ml soy margarine or 44.37 ml canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml flour
- 236.59 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large egg yolks
- 4.92 ml mustard
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- 118.29 ml finely chopped ham
- 5 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Place the margarine or canola oil in a saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it is transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and whisk until well blended.
- Whisk in the broth vigorously until all the flour lumps are gone.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and let it thicken slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape this souffle base into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg yolks and add the mustard, dill, tomato, carrot and ham. Mix together well.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold a soft peak.
- Gently fold them into the base just until no white remains.
- Quickly but gently transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole.
- Bake in the oven until set, about 50 minutes. Serve immediately.