Recipe by Dawn Hatchett
I was messing around with cake recipes to make a fudgy cake that wasn't too heavy and was milk free. this one is incredibly good and noone can tell it is milk free!
- 3 ounces chocolate chips (parve, or dairy-free)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2 round cake pans and sprinkle with flour to avoid sticking.
- in a large bowl combine chocolate chips, cocoa powder and 1 cup boiling water, stir until chocolate chips are disolved.
- Add 1& 1/2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 eggs and 1/2 Cup vegetable oil, whisking until smooth, add 1 cup of club soda, whisk.
- sift together dry ingredients onto a piece of wax paper, (or seperate bowl) slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, whisking to keep the batter smooth.
- pour into prepared pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes let cool and frost with your favorite frosting or use mine!
- Fudgey Frosting.