Recipe by pat Freeman
I got this cake from the Nestle web site. My husband and kids are huge snackers and this is one of their favorites.
Top Review by HEP MEP
Reaaly good! As my husband and daughter were eating this last night, my daughter lamented the size of the cake since it won't last that long...Guess I'll be making another soon! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water.
- Stir in 1 cup chips and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle the rest of the chips over warm cake; let stand for 5 minutes or until they are soft and shiny.
- Spread evenly over the cake.
- Cool completely.