Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this cake from the Nestle web site. My husband and kids are huge snackers and this is one of their favorites.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water.
- Stir in 1 cup chips and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle the rest of the chips over warm cake; let stand for 5 minutes or until they are soft and shiny.
- Spread evenly over the cake.
- Cool completely.
Reaaly good! As my husband and daughter were eating this last night, my daughter lamented the size of the cake since it won't last that long...Guess I'll be making another soon! Thanks!
Quick, easy, and yummy. My daughters loved it.
Very simple and easy. Great snaking cake. I thought that this was a small cake ( 8X8") and wouldn't be enough for us, but I was wrong. It is very rich, and was plenty for a couple of days. Great recipe. Khandi