Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great tasting frosting that I use for cake or cupcakes. It is very easy to make.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Place the sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- Let the pan rest off the heat to cool slightly, but not completely, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fold in the peanuts and marshmallows until they are well combined and the heat from the frosting begins to melt the marshmallows.
- Spread on cake or cupcakes.