Recipe by Mary in LA.
Alot of us feel that chocolate will help us in our daily health.But watch out for those calories. Found this recipe in the cooking light magazine.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; gradually adding the milk, stirring with whish or hand beater until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat; cook at least 7 minutes, stirring rapidly.
- Gradually add hot milk mixture to the egg, using a whisk.
- Return the milk mixture to the pan and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into bowl.
- Add a couple of almonds on top.
- Either eat it after it cools or place plastic wrap over the top of it and place it into the refrigerator.