Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
Alot of us feel that chocolate will help us in our daily health.But watch out for those calories. Found this recipe in the cooking light magazine.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- Add the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; gradually adding the milk, stirring with whish or hand beater until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat; cook at least 7 minutes, stirring rapidly.
- Gradually add hot milk mixture to the egg, using a whisk.
- Return the milk mixture to the pan and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into bowl.
- Add a couple of almonds on top.
- Either eat it after it cools or place plastic wrap over the top of it and place it into the refrigerator.