Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This milk chocolate pudding is from Gourmet Magazine in February 2007. Prep time does not include 2 hours to chill.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, then gradually whisk in milk and cream.
- Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, whisking constantly, then boil, whisking, 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill pudding, its surface covered with wax paper to prevent a skin from forming, until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Pudding can be chilled, covered with plastic wrap after 2 hours, up to 3 days.