Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Melted candy bars make this pound cake super moist.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars, melted (I like Hershey's)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition just until yellow disappears. Add melted candy bars, stirring until well combined.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk beginning and ending with the flour. Mix at low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in pecans, chocolate syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
2 children said it was a fabulous cake and one child who ate it hot from the oven said it was the best cake I had ever made !! What more can I say ??
Lovely moist cake with a soft milk chocolate taste. Definitely try this if you're a milk chocolate aficionado! I used 250 g of Panda's milk chocolate for the candy bars (well, 240 g, I ate some first... ;-) - my absolute favourite milk chocolate-wise! I also omitted the pecans as I wanted a smooth, crunch-free cake this time. Cake tested done after 1 hour 15 minutes, and I found it sooo hard to wait for it to cool down!! Yum! Next time I'll reduce the amount of sugar just a bit to let the chocolate taste shine through more, and stick to my no pecans approach - just a personal preference! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Recipe Fairy!
Very good, IF you like Chocolate this is IT! Easy to make and bake time was right on.