Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This copy cat recipe from Nestle's Kitchens makes a crispy chocolate coating for peanuts and popcorn. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Grease a large roasting pan.
- Combine popcorn and nuts in prepared roasting pan.
- Combine morsels, corn syrup and butter in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Pour over popcorn and toss well to coat.
- Bake, stirring frequently for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Loosen popcorn from pan and allow to cool slightly in pan.
- Remove to a wax paper lined cookie sheet to cool completely.
- Keeps for two weeks in an airtight container in the fridge-yeah, right!
Really good recipe. It is addictive. I did make a few changes after the second time I tried it. I used 1 cup of chopped toasted almonds in place of the peanuts, and increased the popcorn to 14 cups. I only baked the popcorn for 10 minutes, stirring after 5.
My husband and I really enjoyed it, the boys were kind of so-so. Go figure!
This was lovely and i would agree very addictive. Easy to make and my family really liked it. will definately be making it again