Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite chocolate mousse French Silk type pie recipe. You can change this to suit your tastes, like using semisweet chocolate chips if you prefer a not-so-sweet dessert, or using graham cracker crust instead of chocolate crust. You can also garnish this with chocolate kisses, chocolate shavings, more whipped cream, etc.
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 9 inch chocolate crumb crust
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup milk.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining milk until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill or freeze for later use.
You couldn't ask for anything to be easier! I melted the chips and milk in the microwave, then popped the pie in the freezer. It was milky and rich and the perfect treat to end dinner on a hot summer day! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
I followed the directions exactly and I used a graham cracker crust. This pie went together so fast and easy. I decorated it with some of the extra chocolate chips then popped it in the freezer until dinner. The taste was very rich and creamy. My group thought it was delicious! I was impressed that such a little amount of work resulted in such a good dessert! Thanks Laura70 for sharing your recipe!
My kids absolutely loved this pie, even dd who hates cool whip. I would definately freeze it as it didn't set up too well in the refrigerator. I also melted the chocoalte chips and milk in the microwave.