1/1 Photo of Milk Chocolate Pie
From what I can see, this is different than the other chocolate pies listed. It's my grandmother's recipe. The effort is well worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 frozen pie shell
- 1Put pie shell in the oven to pre-cook for a couple of minutes, until lightly browned.
- 2Mix and cook filling ingredients in the top half of a double boiler.
- 3Stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken. This will take about 20 minutes. The texture should resemble a pudding.
- 4Put on lid and let cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- 6Pour into baked pie shell.
- 7Beat egg whites and salt until almost stiff.
- 8Add a large dash of cream of tartar.
- 9Add sugar one tablespoon at a time.
- 10Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 11Top chocolate with stiff egg whites.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees until meringue is lightly golden.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 280.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 8.9 g