Recipe by Cook4_6
This is similar to another posted recipe, but not exact. Be sure to use regular peanut butter — not old-fashioned or freshly ground — for the best consistency in the cookie batter and the filling. If you like more filling, just double up that portion of the recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, coarse
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar (packed)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 3 ounces high-quality milk chocolate, chopped (such as Lindt or Perugina)
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat powdered sugar, dark brown sugar, and butter in large bowl to blend.
- Add peanut butter; beat until creamy. Gradually beat in vegetable oil and vanilla extract, then egg. Add dry ingredients; mix just until blended. Stir in milk chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake cookies until puffed and golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.
- For filling:.
- Place chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and kosher salt in medium bowl. Bring whipping cream to boil in heavy small saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Chill until filling is thick and spreadable, about 1 hour.
- Spread about 1 rounded teaspoonful chocolate-peanut butter filling on flat side of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, forming sandwich. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies. (Cookie sandwiches can be made 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.).