Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Woman's World Magazine 3/3/08. Velvety, smooth and sumptuous, this elegant mousse proves you'll never miss the cream, butter and yolks that usually make this dessert a diet no-no!
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on High with 1 T. water, about 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- At medium-high speed, beat topping mix with milk until firm peaks form. Remove 1/2 cup whipped topping; reserve.
- Beat cocoa into remaining whipped topping; fold in melted chocolate.
- Spoon into 4 dessert glasses. Chill.
- Before serving, top with reserved whipped topping. If desired, garnish with strawberries and chocolate shavings.
This nice little mousse has some big plusses, not only is it low fat and diet friendly but it is very quick and easy to make. The dream whip gives it a nice rich feel and the dark unsweetened cocoa powder provides not only a nice cocoa flavor but also helps mellow out the sweetness of the dream whip. Made as written without the strawberry option due to using things I already had on hand. Thanks for the post.