Prep 5 hrs
Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces best-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into bits and softened
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder, about
- 20 small chocolate covered coffee beans, halved,about
- In a large saucepan combine chocolate, cream, butter, espresso powder and Kahlua and heat over moderately-low heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill, covered, for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Form by tsps into balls and roll in cocoa powder.
- Press a coffee bean half on each truffle and chill on a baking sheet lined with wax paper for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Keep in an airtight container, chilled, for up to 2 weeks.