Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I was looking for a milk chocolate frosting rather than a bitter sweet chocolate frosting. I found this recipe on the Nestle's site. It turned out great and everyone in the family enjoyed it.
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the chocolate chips, butter and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture on Medium-high (70%) power for 1 minutes, stir.
- The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary,.
- microwave at additional 10-15 seconds intervals, (to prevent burning.
- of the chocolate) stirring just until smooth. Alternatively, you can.
- melt the chocolate on a hot water bath.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixer bowl. Stir in the vanilla.
- extract. Gradually beat in the sugar, alternating with the milk until.
- you get a smooth frosting.
I used this frosting recipe recently for a birhday cake. It was delicious! Everyone loved it! I added some extra powdered sugar to some of it to make a filling that everyone said was like eating fudge in a cake. It firmed up really nice and had a great texture. Thanks!