1/3 Photos of Milk Chocolate, Date and Walnut Loaf
1 hr 10 mins
I came across this when looking to use some of the walnuts and dates I have in my pantry. A magazine find, it's yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dates and water in a saucepan over low heat; cook for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2Remove from heat;add the soda, stir and allow to cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 4Grease and line a loaf pan 10cm x21cm, 7 cm deep.
- 5Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water, stir with a metal spoon for 5 minutes, or until chocolate is melted; remove from heat and cool.
- 6Using a mixer, cream butter, sugar and maple syrup until pale and creamy; add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each egg is added.
- 7Stir in melted chocolate.
- 8Sift flour over this chocolate mixture, then using a metal spoon, fold in until combined.
- 9Fold in the dates and walnuts, then spoon into prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 11Allow to stand in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out to a wire rack to cool.
- 12Serve sliced (and buttered if you wish).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Chocolate, Date and Walnut Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 392.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g