Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very dense as truffles go, rich and yummy! Change the type of chips you use or add a teaspoon of flavoring to change the flavor. They keep very well. I get my dipping chocolate in the bulk foods department at our local grocery store.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add other 2 ingredients and cook and stir till all are melted and well incorporated.
- Chill till firm.
- Form into size ball you wish, placing on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill till ready to dip.
- Melt dipping chocolate in microwave and dip each truffle in dipping chocolate placing on another wax paper lined cookie sheet and chill in fridge till chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container in fridge.
- Amount is determined by size you make them.
- Prep time does not include chill time.
This is one of the best Truffle Recipes. A great addition is to roll these in crushed toffy before dipping.
I used mint chips. Dipped them in semi sweet chocolate then drizzled with white. Thanks!
This is a great truffle recipe, and incredibley easy. I tried them tonight and they taste great. I'm not all that great in the kitchen so if i can do them anyone can! These will satisfy any sweet tooth as they are quite rich.