Recipe by startnover
These are very dense as truffles go, rich and yummy! Change the type of chips you use or add a teaspoon of flavoring to change the flavor. They keep very well. I get my dipping chocolate in the bulk foods department at our local grocery store.
- 2 (11 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips (or use whatever flavor chips you want the truffles to be i.e. mint or dark)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ghiridelli's milk dipping chocolate (or dark)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate chips in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add other 2 ingredients and cook and stir till all are melted and well incorporated.
- Chill till firm.
- Form into size ball you wish, placing on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill till ready to dip.
- Melt dipping chocolate in microwave and dip each truffle in dipping chocolate placing on another wax paper lined cookie sheet and chill in fridge till chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container in fridge.
- Amount is determined by size you make them.
- Prep time does not include chill time.