Recipe by ReeLani
Chocolate and a creamy caramel filling in a sweet crust. Great with some cold milk! I didn't include time for softening butter and cream cheese in the prep time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Hershey Bars, broken or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 (350 for glass baking dish).
- In a large bowl mix first 4 ingredients until crumbly.
- Reserve 2/3 cup and firmly press remainder evenly in ungreased 9-inch square or 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In same bowl combine the 2/3 cup reserved flour mixture, caramel topping, cream cheese, vanilla and egg.
- Mix with electric mixture at low speed until blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes or until firm.
- Immediately sprinkle with Hershey bar sections or chocolate morsels; spread when softened.
- Cool before cutting.