Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chocolate and a creamy caramel filling in a sweet crust. Great with some cold milk! I didn't include time for softening butter and cream cheese in the prep time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Hershey Bars, broken or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 (350 for glass baking dish).
- In a large bowl mix first 4 ingredients until crumbly.
- Reserve 2/3 cup and firmly press remainder evenly in ungreased 9-inch square or 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In same bowl combine the 2/3 cup reserved flour mixture, caramel topping, cream cheese, vanilla and egg.
- Mix with electric mixture at low speed until blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes or until firm.
- Immediately sprinkle with Hershey bar sections or chocolate morsels; spread when softened.
- Cool before cutting.
These were a HUGE hit at a party we just had. They are absolutley fantastic!!! Easy to make... rich and decadent!! I used peanut butter/chocolate chips for the topping.
These really are great bars. I don't really know why mine were a touch on the salty side for my liking, so next time I am going to cut down on the salt a little, but overall a great recipe.
Another Pick your chef recipe! Loved this one cause its so different. Not super chocolatey, and even better with milk chocolate not the semi sweet chocolate. Had to use Caramel syrup but it worked out fine, very soft and creamy and absolutly delish! Try these everyone!!!!!