Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop
Make and share this Milk Chocolate-Brownie Chunk Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the milk chocolate and cream in a large, heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted, then remove the bowl from the saucepan.
- Set it aside with a mesh strainer over the top.
- Warm the milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks.
- Slowly pour the warm milk mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula.
- Pour the custard through the strainer into the milk chocolate mixture, add the Cognac, and mix together.
- Stir until cooled over an ice bath.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturerï¿½s instructions.
- During the last few minutes of churning, add the cocoa nibs or chocolate chips, if using.