Recipe from Nick Malgieri
Make and share this Milk Chocolate Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- Set a rack in the middle level of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees.
- Cover 2 large cookie sheets or jelly roll pans with parchment or foil and set aside.
- Place the sugar, nuts, cocoa, and milk chocolate in the food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt and sift into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the ground mixture.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla and stir into the flour mixture to form a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, press dough together.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a log the length of the pans you are using (14 to 18 inches).
- Place each log on a pan and flatten slightly. (If the dough is very soft, use a spatula to transfer it to the pan.).
- Bake until well risen and firm, about 30 minutes.
- Cool the logs on the pans.
- After the logs have cooled, detach from paper and slice them about 1/2-inch thick with a sharp serrated knife.
- Place back on paper-lined pans, cut side down, and bake again until dry and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on pans and store in a tin or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.