Would you expect a recipe published in a magazine called "Chocolate" to be awesome? It may look like a lot of steps but its really not difficult and you will be well rewarded!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
RED BERRY JELLY
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pectin
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1RED BERRY JELLY: combine both amounts of sugar & pectin in a bowl.
- 2Heat the fruit & both amounts of water in a saucepan over medium heat; when the fruit has thawed, add the sugar/pectin & mix well.
- 3Bring to a boil & simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat & leave to cool.
- 4Pour into tall glasses & refrigerate.
- 5CUSTARD: Bring milk & half the sugar to a boil in a saucepan.
- 6Whip the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar in a bowl.
- 7Whisk half the hot milk into the egg mixture; when fully incorporated, whisk in the rest.
- 8Return the mixture to the saucepan, stirring over medium heat until it thickens slightly or a thermometer indicates 185F (85C).
- 9Remove from heat; if necessary, use a hand mixer to smooth the custard.
- 10Pour the hot custard into a bowl, add the chocolate, stirring to mix & cool to room temperature.
- 11In another bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form; fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream, using a spatula.
- 12Spoon the custard into each glass over the berry layer & return to the fridge.
- 13CRUMBLE: Toast the pine nuts on a baking sheet in a 300F (150C) oven until golden, about 5 minutes; let cool & coarsely chop.
- 14Combine pine nuts, flour & sugar in a bowl, using an electric mixer; add the butter & continue mixing until texture is crumbly.
- 15Refrigerate until chilled; spread the mixture on a baking sheet & bake at 325F (160C) for 15 minutes.
- 16Sprinkle over the bavarian cream layer before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Chocolate Bavarian Cream With Pine Nut Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.0
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 189.9 mg
- Sodium 114.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries