Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious easy cake made from a mix.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces hershey nuggets chocolate candy bars with almonds, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- PREPARE cake batter according to pkg directions.
- Pour into 3 greased& floured 8" round cakepans.
- BAKE at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy.
- CHOP 9 ounces (28 nuggets) of the candy bars finely.
- Fold cream cheese mixture and chopped candy into whipped topping.
- SPREAD icing between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Chop remaining 3 ounces (8 nuggets).
- Sprinkle half of chopped candy nuggets over cake.
- Press remaining chopped candy along sides and bottom of cake.
I received this recipe card in the mail about 10 years ago and still make it with rave reviews every time. I have switched up cake mixes and candy bars accordingly and it is always delicious. Thanks for posting so more can enjoy it as we have.
This is a delicious, decadent cake, perfect for any sweet tooth! The chunks of chocolate in the icing are so good. Simple to make with a mix, and the frosting is easy to throw together. I'm also terrible at frosting cakes, but the chunks of chocolate in this icing make it pretty forgiving, in terms of cake crumbs, uneven bits, etc. The only revision I made was to cut back on the chocolate bars, by omitting the garnish. I would also suggest that it would serve more than 10 people, as it is so very sweet (and I have a very hungry sweet tooth), so only a sliver is needed to satisfy.
A must have for chocolate lovers! This is sinfully delicious! Thanks!