Recipe by Dorothy Nalley
A delicious easy cake made from a mix.
Top Review by hanson1326
I received this recipe card in the mail about 10 years ago and still make it with rave reviews every time. I have switched up cake mixes and candy bars accordingly and it is always delicious. Thanks for posting so more can enjoy it as we have.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces hershey nuggets chocolate candy bars with almonds, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE cake batter according to pkg directions.
- Pour into 3 greased& floured 8" round cakepans.
- BAKE at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy.
- CHOP 9 ounces (28 nuggets) of the candy bars finely.
- Fold cream cheese mixture and chopped candy into whipped topping.
- SPREAD icing between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Chop remaining 3 ounces (8 nuggets).
- Sprinkle half of chopped candy nuggets over cake.
- Press remaining chopped candy along sides and bottom of cake.