Recipe by Debbb
This is a delicious change from the ordinary chocolate chip cookie! This recipe has been slightly modified from the original recipe which I found in "Home for the Holidays" from the Company's Coming series.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Great little cookie. Loved the background flavoring of the almond extract and the almonds within the cookies. Our family loves almonds and this was a nice way to incorporate into a cookie. Very simple to put together. I did change one thing in that I used butter and not margarine for personal preferences but that was it. Glad I tagged this in the Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game. Thanks for sharing! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond flavoring
- 4 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 21 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine & both sugars in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add almond flavouring.
- Stir flour, baking soda & salt into sugar mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips & almonds.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.