Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is what I call a milk brownie--you just have to have a glass of milk with this. I first found this on the back of a bag of chips. (PLEASE DO NOT USE MIXER) I’ve been using this recipe for at least 25 years.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup margarine (or 2 sticks, please do not use the 48% vegetable oil margarine)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In small saucepan, melt chips and margarine over low heat, stirring until well blended.
- Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with whisk until foamy and light yellow in color (PLEASE DO NOT USE MIXER).
- Beat in sugar, vanilla, and chip mixture.
- Add flour, mixing well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until brownies pull away from pan or until set in center.
- COOL completely before cutting into squares.
Oh my, these brownies are a true delight! They are moist, fudgy and super chocolatey! Mmmmm! I made half the recipe and could kick myself for not going with the full version, as these disappeared faster than I could watch. :) I only used 1/4 cup sugar in half the recipe and reduced the chocolate a bit, just cause I dont like my brownies too sweet. They came out perfect after 25 minutes of baking. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Chef shapeweaver! Its my new go-to recipe for brownies!
I made these tonight after seeing the recipe. Wow! Once you taste these you'll never go back to box brownies again. Very rich and dense. Makes a very large pan of brownies. This is now my favorite brownie recipe. (Just as a funny note: husband said "What's in these that's crunchy?" Me: "Huh? is it the nuts?" Him: "Never mind, it's a pecan shell" oh well.
Awesome brownies!! I am always trying new recipes for brownies to find my favorite-I have found it!