Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄8 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten, plus
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 1 T. bread machine yeast)
- Place all the ingredients into the pan according to the order in the manufacturer’s directions.
- Set crust on medium or dark, and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
Fool proof! To bake it out side of the machine, preheat oven to 450, bake for 10 minutes, open the oven, for about 20 seconds, and lower the heat to 425. Bake for 15 minutes and remove.
Marvelous. I just love the texture of milk bread.