1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄8 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten, plus
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 1 T. bread machine yeast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients into the pan according to the order in the manufacturer’s directions.
- Set crust on medium or dark, and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.