Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From The Italian Slow Cooker
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin, rolled and tied
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 cups whole milk
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the oil. Brown the meat on one side. Turn it over and scatter the vegetables around the meat. Cook until the vegetables are golden.
- Transfer the meat to the slow cooker. Add the milk to the skillet with the vegetables and bring it to a simmer. Pour the contents of the skillet over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the meat measures 160 degrees.
- If the sauce is too thin pour it into a saucepan and reduce it over medium heat. Remove the twine. Slice the meat and arrange the slices, overlapping, slightly, on a platter. Spoon the sauce down the center and serve hot.